A beginner’s class in cake decorating, and introduction to tools and materials.
What will you learn in this workshop?
- To prepare different types of sponge cakes and fillings
- How to level and cut a sponge cake, fill it and cover it with fondant
- How to color the fondant with edible colors
- How to recognize the different types of sugar paste and know when to use each one of them
- How to cover a cake with fondant and decorate it
- How to use specific tools for decorating and create decorations such as flowers, bows and modeled figures at a basic level
What does the workshop include?
The workshop includes all the necessary tools, materials and ingredients required to decorate a cake (including a sponge cake).
How long does the workshop take?
The workshop lasts approximately 6 hours.
Who can enroll to this class?
This class is suitable for beginners with very little to no experience.
Cake baking and buttercream preparation. Cut, level, fill and cover a sponge cake with fondant. Create borders, texturized effects, bows, simple flowers and a 3D figurine. Use plastic and silicone molds.